by Bishop Daniel
on October 31, 2017
- Weekly and daily task planning (and some internet reading) at home. Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Debriefed with the Archdeacon on a range of issues.
- Met with Fr Newago in a regularly-scheduled monthly check-in about his mission strategy development work.
- Began refining and editing my homily for this Sunday (St Andrew’s, Edwardsville).
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Took a call from one of our rectors seeking counsel on a pastoral issue.
- Resumed and completed work on this Sunday’s sermon.
- Took a call from a reporter for The Living Church. He wanted to talk about the leadership governance situation at Nashotah House.
- Attended to a bit of pastoral/administrative detritus.
- Devoted a substantial chunk of time and focused energy on gently breaking up another logjam in the effort to form a canonical Geographic Parish in McLean County.
- Plotted some actions toward integrating the the Gnosis database system more closely into our diocesan operations.
- Two bits of administrivia.
- Read and commented on the draft minutes of the recent diocesan synod, submitted by the Secretary.
- Abbreviated Evening Prayer in the cathedral. (It was late.)