by Bishop Daniel
on March 28, 2017
- Weekly and daily task planning at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral chapel. The chancel is in disarray due to the ongoing installation of a new (electronic, sadly) organ. (it will sound better than its predecessor, but a cathedral deserves a proper organ.)
- Went down a technology rabbit hole in preparation for an afternoon conference call (relearning and reconfiguring my bluetooth earpiece).
- Attended to some more preparation for said conference call (Nashotah House board).
- Bits of administrivia (fall clergy conference, continuing ed aid to a priest, this weekend’s visitation).
- Began working on the final editing and refinement of this Sunday’s homily (Lent V, St Andrew’s, Carbondale).
- Took a brisk walk up Second to Monroe, over to Spring, and back down, around 2500 steps.
- Continued and completed the aforementioned sermon prep.
- Responded by email to a layperson over a pastoral concern.
- Lunch from McD’s eaten at home.
- While still home, processed some emails, cleaned up my computer desktop, and made last minute prep for the 2pm conference call meeting of the Nashotah House Board of Directors.
- Chaired said meeting–thanks to the bluetooth earpiece, while running an errand and getting a bunch of steps in. Two hours, though. It’s hard mental work to chair a meeting that way.
- Looked in on the progress of the organ installation in the cathedral. It was more of a mess than in the morning.
- Took some steps, mostly by email, toward filling the communications position for which funding has been allocated.
- Evening Prayer in my office.