by Bishop Daniel
on December 20, 2016
- Weekly task planning at home over breakfast.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Spent some quality time with the Title IV (clergy discipline) canons trying to sort out my options and responsibilities in a situation that has arisen.
- Took care of an administrative chore pertaining to the Nashotah board.
- Spoke by phone with the Dean of Nashotah House (laying groundwork for a PM Board of Directors meeting).
- Took care of an administrative chore pertaining to the relationship between the diocese and the national church.
- Conferred with the Dean of our cathedral in his office concerning some of the liturgical details of the Christmas celebrations in which I will be participating.
- Spoke by phone with a disgruntled member of one of our Eucharistic Communities. Hopefully he is now more gruntled.
- Lunch from Chi-Town’s Finest, eaten at home.
- After some brief prep time, chaired a 90-minute conference call meeting of the Nashotah House Board of Directors.
- Spoke by phone with a priest of the diocese over an emerging situation.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon over a couple of other emerging situations.
- Responded to a couple of pending emails, one to a priest and one to a layperson, both within the diocese.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Got home and poured myself a strong drink. This was a taxing day for an introvert.