by Bishop Daniel
on November 25, 2014
- Usual AM routine; MP in the cathedral.
- Conferred with the Interim Provost on a range of currently active concerns.
- Participated via conference call in the regular quarterly meeting of the Diocesan Trustees. The call also included our investment advisor, who was calling in from home, as his office is in Clayton, MO, which was not exactly stable and safe this morning.
- Met with two representatives from an Ohio-based church-related capital fundraising firm, at their behest. We do have some capital needs, both at a diocesan level and in some of the parishes, and their approach has a bit of a wrinkle that potentially removes the element of tension between diocese and parish whenever the subject of a capital campaign comes up. So … we’ll see what develops.
- Lunch at home.
- Took care of three small bits of administrivia by email.
- Met with a representative of the vendor of our new telephone equipment for a scheduled tutorial on the bluetooth headset that will allow me to participate in conference calls while pacing the room … and even switch them over to my mobile phone if I need to leave the office. Having the technology and being able to use it are two different things. We’ll see how good a student I am. In my defense, I will say that I was able to successfully transfer an incoming call to the Archdeacon this morning.
- Revised, refined, and printed a working text for this Sunday’s homily–Advent Sunday at St Andrew’s, Carbondale.
- Took a brisk walk down Second Street to South Grand, and then back up the other side. Brrr.
- Via email, engaged the senior warden of one of our parishes concerning the details of a search process.
- Made lodging arrangements in Sarasota for a special winter meeting of the Nashotah House board of trustees. Why go to Florida for a meeting? Have you been to Wisconsin in February?
- Evening Prayer in the office.