by Bishop Daniel
on November 26, 2013
- Weekly task planning and organization at home.
- Consulted with the Treasurer and the Archdeacon on a financial/administrative matter.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Processed my email inbox.
- Refined and printed a draft of my homily for this Sunday at All Saints, Morton.
- Spoke by phone with a representative of U.S. Trust, co-trustee with YFNB of the Putnam Trust, which benefits two of our congregations, over some policy details. Not quite resolved, but getting there.
- Took care of a small pastoral/administrative matter.
- Lunch at home, leftovers.
- Returned a phone call from a retired priest, an old friend who is serving as an interim in another diocese. We had both forgotten what the original purpose of our trying to reach one another by phone was, but we always manage to find something to talk about!
- Posted musical settings of several Psalms to the website. This now complete the project; they’re all up there now, or should be.
- Attended to some administrative details pertaining to a clergy deployment situation.
- Responded to a snail mail letter with a snail mail reply. I do wish people would use email, however. Much easier to reply.
- Worked on the still-evolving (but now largely complete) “aspirational customary” for celebrations of the Eucharist in the diocese.
- Greeted and visited with a Nashotah House seminarian and former parishioner from my Stockton, CA years as he was en route to spend Thanksgiving with some extended family in the Illinois environs of St Louis.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.