by Bishop Daniel
on June 4, 2013
- Weekly task planning and email processing begun at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Took me until nearly 11am to clear my email inbox.
- Penned a personal note to a colleague bishop facing some serious health issues.
- Took a substantive phone call from Fr Ralph McMichael, reporting on his experience as interim priest for St Andrew’s, Carbondale and St James’, Marion.
- Lunch at home.
- Answered a snail mail letter and fulfilled various promises to sent various things to various people.
- Met for nearly two hours with the Archdeacon and the Administrator over “elections and appointments,” an annual ritual that forms one link in the chain leading up to Synod in October.
- Refined and printed a working script for this Sunday’s sermon at St Paul’s, Pekin.
- Conceived and hatched a homily for Proper 13 (August 4 at St Mary’s, Robinson).
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.