by Bishop Daniel
on September 3, 2019
- Customary early AM routine.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon by email over a couple of different issues.
- Spent a not insignificant chunk of time drafting a memo to the Chancellor seeking his counsel on an administrative matter that feels like something from the old Terminator movies.
- Did appropriate cosmetic surgery on a “pre-preached” sermon text on Proper 19 in anticipation of giving it a reprise when In visit my DEPO parish in Yazoo City, MS on the 15th.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- “Ran” a personal healthcare-related errand by phone.
- Did some more homiletical cosmetic surgery, this time on a text for Proper 20, when I have no visitation but have accepted a guest gig at Ascension, Chicago.
- Developed and polished an already-existing rough draft of my next-due post for the Covenant blog and sent it off to the editor. A few minutes later, at his urging, I performed a minor tweak.
- Took an initial prayerful pass at the readings for Proper 24 and opened a sermon file for my October visitation to St Paul’s, Carlinville.
- Took my daily walk, racking up around 8000 steps.
- Spent much of the evening, with the Cubs game in the background with no audio, working on a sensitive and difficult pastoral situation.