by Bishop Daniel
on July 2, 2019
- Usual weekday AM routine.
- Out the door at 9:05 for an initial consultation with a chiropractor about lingering pain from a decades-old injury that I have “aged into.” First appointment for treatment on the books.
- Spoke by phone substantively with the senior warden of our Eucharistic Communities that is in transition,.
- Substantive email correspondence with the Archdeacon (as he returns from his time in Sicily, and I wind down toward my vacation).
- Spoke by phone with a colleague bishop over a matter of mutual pastoral concern.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Indulged to urge to take a modest nap.
- Finished filling out the draft of one of the sections of my pastoral teaching document on marriage and sexuality (the Afterword). Now on to the Foreword. Then I’ll be able to vet it with some friendly critics before I make it public.
- Finished drafting my next-due post for the Covenant blog and sent it off to the editor.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.
- After dinner and a walk: Did some cosmetic surgery on an old homily for Proper 14, for use on August 11, when I have a guest gig in a Chicago parish.
- Read another in the Living Church catechetical pamphlet series.