by Bishop Daniel
on May 7, 2019
- Customary early-AM weekday routine.
- Attended by email to a fairly serious pastoral-administrative issue.
- Moved the ball a couple of yards downfield toward securing a presenter for November’s clergy conference.
- Responded to a request from a colleague bishop for some insight on a canonical matter.
- Responded substantively to one of our parish clergy on two distinct concerns.
- Took steps to give more concrete shape to the diocese’s participation in the “Thy Kingdom Come” prayer initiative between Ascension and Pentecost.
- Broke off from that effort to keep a physical therapy appointment.
- Took Brenda to a post-surgical wound check and device adjustment.
- Lunched–very late–on leftovers.
- Re-engaged and completed the “Thy Kingdom Come” task.
- Attended in a fair amount of detail to a pastoral-administrative issue.
- Finished the draft of the Covenant blog post I began last week. Sent it off to the editor.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.
- After dinner (while watching the Cubs game with one eye): Did significant surgery (it needed to be cut in length by a whole lot) on a sermon text for Easter V, in preparation for preaching on that occasion at St John’s, Decatur.