by Bishop Daniel
on February 19, 2013
- Weekly master task planning at home; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon and the Treasurer on an administrative matter.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon on a different administrative matter, and followed up with a phone call.
- Amplified, refined, and printed my working notes for tomorrow night’s first presentation in my Lenten teaching series at St Matthew’s, Bloomington, all the while processing a stream of incoming emails.
- Lunch from TG, eaten at home.
- Stopped by St John’s Hospital to visit and anoint Deacon Tom Langford, who just had heart valve surgery.
- Spoke at some length by phone with a potential candidate for one of our clergy vacancies.
- Made travel arrangements (air, hotel, rental car) for the spring meeting of the Living Church Foundation board, which will meet in Dallas in April. This was not particularly onerous in itself, but a lot of time was eaten up dealing with some login credential issues on an airline website. I believe the time invested will yield future dividends.
- Spoke by phone with another potential candidate for one of our clergy vacancies.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- After dinner, spent a couple of hours fiddling with the video camera I acquired a couple of weeks ago for the purpose of recording my Lenten series talks. The learning curve had its frustrating moments, but in the end, I felt good about what was accomplished.