Thursday (St Tikhon)
by Bishop Daniel
on April 7, 2016
- Customary Thursday morning appointment with my basement treadmill.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Dealt with a couple of issues related to my May 1 visitation to Redeemer, Cairo.
- Faithfully read a resolution of the Episcopal Church’s Executive Committee that the Secretary of General Convention was required to transmit to all diocesan bishops.
- Sat with my exegetical notes on the propers for Easter VI until they yielded a message statement from which I can now construct a sermon.
- Processed a stack of emails–some in the queue as tasks from prior days, some fresh today (the stream is ever-flowing).
- Prepared for a brief presentation I’m set to give at Emmanuel, Champaign this Saturday evening.
- Lunch from McD’s, eaten at home.
- Attended to a couple of tasks related to my membership on the board of Forward Movement.
- Responded substantively to an email from a lay communicant of the diocese.
- Read and responded to an unsolicited, non-mandatory, but greatly appreciated annual report from a priest of the diocese on how things are going in his parish ministry. Dare I say that I would be well-pleased should more of his colleagues would follow his example?
- Cleared a mountain of hard-copy materials that have accumulated on my desk over the past several weeks (mostly newsletters/magazines from other dioceses and church-related institutions), then scanned and disposed of smaller and looser hard-copy materials from my physical inbox.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.