Thursday (St Monnica)
by Bishop Daniel
on May 4, 2017
- Extended treadmill workout to begin the day.
- Short-form MP in the car on the way to the office.
- Attended the 10am semi-annual meeting of the diocesan trustees, who are collectively responsible for overseeing our invested funds. Our investment manager from St Louis made the trip up. This lasted about 90 minutes.
- Conferred briefly with one of the co-chairs of the Mission Department (who happens to also be a trustee).
- Conferred substantively with the diocesan Treasurer.
- Spoke by phone briefly but substantively with a priest of the diocese. This took me right up to noon.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Spent a chunk of quality time with commentaries on Matthew’s gospel, specifically the last few verses thereof, in preparation for preaching on Trinity Sunday (at Trinity, Mt Vernon).
- Attended briefly to some details pertaining to the meeting of the Nashotah Board of Directors later this month.
- Performed surgery on the text of an old homily for Easter V in preparation for repurposing it for use this year (St George’s, Belleville).
- Attended via email to some administrative details in connection with the ordination process.
- Assessed the ability of my discretionary fund to respond to a particular request. Made appropriate arrangements for such a response.
- Responded by email to a pastoral care request from a priest outside the diocese.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.