Thursday (St Margaret)
- Accompanied Brenda to a 9am dental appointment that turned out to be slightly more complicated than we had envisioned, but all turned out well.
- Dropped Brenda at home and was only slightly late for my 11am appointment with Fr Mark Evans and one of his parishioners who believes he may have a vocation to the priesthood.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Replied to an email (in Spanish) from a priest in our companion diocese of Peru.
- Walked less than a block south on Second Street for a get-acquainted meeting with a professional financial advisor. Retirement for me is not imminent, but simple math reveals that it’s no longer far enough away to be an abstraction. It’s time to start getting a few ducks in a row.
- Re-engaged with my sermon-in-progress for Advent III and brought it from “message statement” to “developed outline.”
- Attended to some potential business for *next* year’s synod via a substantive email.
- Scanned and otherwise processed accumulated hard copy items in my physical inbox.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.