Thursday (St Ignatius Loyola)
by Bishop Daniel
on July 31, 2014
- Customary Thursday morning weight and treadmill workout.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Replied substantively to three emails of a pastoral/administrative nature (a parish in transition, a canonically-mandated appointment I need to make, a personnel matter).
- Took a walk around the block.
- Turned my attention to my sermon for the feast of St Mary the Virgin, August 15,, for which I will be guest preacher (while on vacation) at St Timothy’s in Salem, OR.
- Lunch from Taco Gringo, eaten at home.
- Had a substantive video interview with a priest from outside the diocese regarding an opening that may (or may not) emerge.
- Returned to the aforementioned sermon, succeeding in turning outlined notes into a rough draft text.
- Addressed, via email, a matter currently before the committee of the Living Church Foundation board that I chair.
- Composed an Ad Clerum (letter to the clergy) that will go out tomorrow, regarding a Clergy Day scheduled in November. Followed up with a couple of other details regarding that day.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.