Thursday (St Gregory of Nazianzus)
- Usual early-AM weekday routine.
- Engaged the homiletical message statement for Pentecost (St Michael’s, O’Fallon) that I developed last week and built it out into detailed outline from which I can derive a full text when next I put my shoulder to the plow on this,.
- Drafted and sent (via Sue) a letter appointing Fr Scott Hoogerhyde as Priest-in-Charge of St Bartholomew’s, Granite City and chaplain to the daycare community at St Thomas’, Glen Carbon.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Posted a link to “Thy Kingdom Come” resources on the diocesan Facebook page.
- Reached out by email to a possible (fingers crossed) conductor for the 2020 clergy pre-Lenten retreat next February.
- Studied some materials pertaining to business that will come before the corporation of Nashotah House at the annual meeting in a couple of weeks.
- Drove with Brenda the two miles between our apartment and Foster Avenue beach on Lake Michigan, where we parked the car and walked south the Montrose Beach and then back north past Foster to Edgewater Beach, then back to the car. It was a beautiful day on the lakefront.
- Evening Prayer in our domestic oratory–solo, since Brenda was occupied by Hattie.