Thursday (St Francis of Assisi)
by Bishop Daniel
on October 4, 2012
- Up and out for three mile brisk walk at 6:45
- Started in on task list at home while waiting for breakfast to cook (some Nashotah-related business)
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Processed some detritus from the Forward Movement board meeting (some very interesting detritus, that is, which I expect may eventually have a large footprint in this diocese).
- Produced a working outline for my homily this coming Sunday at St Lawrence, Effingham.
- Finished a first draft of a sermon for Proper 24 (October 21 at St Andrew’s, Edwardsville).
- Worked on the liturgy booklet for the synod Eucharist.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home.
- Continued work on the liturgy booklet for the synod Eucharist. The job took me down some unexpected rabbit holes, but it got finished.
- Left at 3:45 for Bloomington, with Brenda and the Archdeacon accompanying me.
- Arrived at St Matthew’s in time for a 5:15 rehearsal and a 6:30 liturgy at which we ordained Bruce De Gooyer to the priesthood.
- Left Bloomington at 9, which put us back in the garage just before 10:30.