Thursday (St Elizabeth of Hungary)
by Bishop Daniel
on November 19, 2015
- Early morning treadmill workout.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Took my homily for Advent I (St John the Baptist, Mt Carmel) from “developed outline” to “rough draft” stage.
- Various bits of administrivia.
- Wrote a long email to the Chancellor, who is chairing the continuing ad hoc working group for the revision of our constitution and canons, setting out my own thoughts on necessary canonical changes.
- Lunch from Taco Gringo, eaten at home.
- Crowd-sourced an administrative/pastoral/liturgical question to a group of friends on a listserv.
- Updated my contacts folder–a long-overdue task, since about a dozen of them were dead!
- Headed north to Peoria to look in on Fr Kellington (much improved, with a long road yet to travel) before keeping a date in Pekin with the combined vestries of St Paul’s and All Saints, Morton. They were already looking at a pastoral vacancy in the new year. It’s just come a little sooner than expected. Home around 9:30.