Thursday (Ss Cyril & Methodius)
by Bishop Daniel
on February 14, 2013
- Usual Thursday morning weight and treadmill workout.
- Processed a handful of emails at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Drove to Normal to bless the room newly-designated as a chapel at Christ the King, for use by both the pre-school and the church. Spoke by phone on the way with one of our priests over a sensitive pastoral matter in the parish.
- Presided at the chapel blessing, followed by a presentation by some of the pre-school kids and a tour of their classroom while in session. This is a wonderful ministry, and I could not be more pleased that we have something like this in the diocese.
- Lunch with Fr Desmond and some of the lay leaders of Christ the King–at an Indian buffet, or course!
- Back in the office at 2pm. Caught up on some emails.
- Tended to some administrivia.
- Took a phone call from another priest over yet another pastoral situation.
- Took a phone call from a deployment officer in another diocese regarding a priest who is canonically resident in Springfield.
- Consulted with the Archdeacon at some length over a couple of strategic and administrative issues.
- Produced a first draft of a sermon for Lent II (24 February at St Mark’s, West Frankfort).
- Worked on my still-evolving “aspirational” liturgical customary for the diocese.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.