Thursday (Ss Cyril & Methodius)
by Bishop Daniel
on February 14, 2019
- Usual weekday AM pattern, made longer and more complicated now by all the exercises my physical therapist has assigned.
- Tweaked (not insignificantly), edited, formatted, printed, and scheduled for posting my homily for Saturday’s Celebration of a New Ministry at St Andrew’s, Edwardsville. Most importantly, perhaps, I placed the working script in my car–this after dealing with some technology issues related to the printer.
- Took a call from the Bishop of Northern Michigan on a matter of mutual concern.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Did some substantial, and time-consuming, work on a portion of the clergy retreat that I am directly responsible for.
- Took a first homiletical drive-by of the readings for Lent V (Redeemer, Cairo).
- Brenda and I went on a long walk on what felt like a balmy afternoon, trying to keep our footing on the sections of slush and avoid stepping too deeply in standing water. I am really ready for spring.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.