Thursday (Our Lady of Lourdes)
- Customary Thursday weights and treadmill workout.
- Morning Prayer at home.
- Joined a meeting of the Finance Committee at 10:00 for about 90 minutes. This was in preparation for Saturday’s meeting of the Diocesan Council.
- Processed some accumulated emails.
- Lunch from McD’s, eaten at home.
- Spoke by phone with one of our communications wonks about getting us off the company we’re using to host our website and email, and on to something friendlier.
- Invested a considerable amount of time, including some consultation with the Archdeacon, brainstorming in preparation for a meeting that’s been set up for his Saturday with most of the members of the Constitution and Canons Task Force. We want canons that are simple, elegant, and organically accountable to our mission, not beholden to past patterns of behavior.
- Left the office at 4. Went home and spent some time with the french horn, relaxed a bit, read Evening Prayer, and ate dinner. Departed at 5:45 for points north, arriving at Trinity, Lincoln at 6:30 for the first installment of our Lenten teaching series on prayer. It went very well. Home around 8:45.