Thursday (Lancelot Andrewes)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 27, 2019
- Up and out for an 0800 chiropractor appoint. At my “work station” about 1030.
- Began responding to a short stack of late-arriving emails that were not yet in the task system, some of them minor but urgent.
- Had an extensive conversation with one of our parish clergy who phoned me.
- Dealt with some lingering details regarding the text of my synod address, how it should be processed for publication by the Communications Coordinator.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Opened a sermon file on Proper 27, which will find me at St Matthew’s, Bloomington on November 10.
- Broke off from this work to take Brenda to an acupuncture appointment, where I leveraged the opportunity to get some reading done.
- Returned to the sermon task, make some initial notes on the readings.
- Took a brisk 35-minute walk.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.
- After dinner: Attended to some routine calendar maintenance chores. Got packed and loaded for an 0-dark-thirty departure for Springfield in the morning (with a breakfast appointment in Bloomington en route).