Thursday (George Selwyn)
by Bishop Daniel
on April 11, 2019
- Usual AM routine,
- Last week I gave birth to a homiletical message statement for Easter II (St Andrew’s, Edwardsville). Today I did some child-rearing, and now have a teenager: a developed outline fleshing out that message statement. Next week: bring it to maturity in the form of a rough draft.
- Ran an errand with Brenda, related to her health.
- Grabbed some Chinese carryout for lunch from the place around the corner.
- Did some semi-deep cleaning on the interior of my car (taking advantage of a nice day and a stop in the street in front of our building).
- Processed a short stack of emails, both late arrivals and planned holdovers.
- Devoted some time to a substantial writing project: a pastoral teaching document on sexuality and marriage.
- Made some arrangements to grease the skids for our children who will receive the baton for Brenda’s care while I’m in Springfield for the weekend.
- Asian chicken stir-fry for dinner.
- Packed and hit the road south right at my target time of 7:00pm. Arrived in my office campsite at 10:35.