Thursday (Edward Bouverie Pusey)
by Bishop Daniel
on September 18, 2014
- Customary Thursday morning weight and treadmill workout.
- Prayed the morning office in my car on the way in to the diocesan center.
- Left a voicemail message (and eventually connected with) a priest concerning a possible interim ministry assignment.
- Discussed some administrative (real estate) issues with the Archdeacon.
- Spoke by phone with the Dean of Nashotah House–mostly a routine check-in between board chairman and dean.
- Registered for the annual meeting of bishops of small dioceses, to be held in November in Salt Lake City.
- Brain stormed about who I might invite to conduct the annual clergy pre-Lenten retreat next February. Dashed off an email to my first choice. I let this one slide too long.
- Briefly discussed synod agenda issues with the Administrator.
- Lunch at home; leftovers.
- Began the process of turning the outline of my synod address into an actual draft.
- Took part in a scheduled conference call with the senior administrative team at Nashotah House. We’re mostly focused on fundraising these days.
- Took a longish walk to recover my equilibrium after the conference call, which was mentally and emotionally demanding.
- Worked a bit more on the synod address.
- Answered (substantively) four emails that had been in the queue for a while, touching on a variety of subjects, all on diocesan business.
- Looked at a promo video from the School of Theology at Sewanee. Need to keep up on the competition. Plus, I have a student there!
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Spent most of the evening at home after dinner finishing the draft of my synod address. Yes, this was a bit of workaholism, but it feels good to have it behind me.