Thursday (Corpus Christi / Eve of the Visitation)
by Bishop Daniel
on May 30, 2013
- Usual AM routine; MP in the cathedral.
- Tended to some administrivia.
- Took a phone call from the Dean of Nashotah House, ensuring that we are both singing off the same song sheet on a potentially sensitive matter.
- Began to put some meat on the bones of my homily for this Sunday at St John’s, Albion.
- Lunch from LaBamba, eaten at home. Stayed there for work0-from-home afternoon.
- Engaged in some particular preparation for my attendance (third and final year) at the Living Our Vows program for new bishops next month.
- Ran a couple of personal errands.
- Plotted the primary (and some secondary) moves in a sermon for St Barnbas’ Day, to be given at St Barnabas’ Church, Havana, on June 15.
- Loaded vestments and hit the road for Decatur at 5pm.
- 6:30 Mass at St John’s with two confirmations and one reception, celebrating the eve of the feast of the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Back home around 9 to find a very large tree limb in our back yard. Only daylight will reveal the extent of damage to other trees and shrubs, but we are fortunate that neither the house nor any sentient creatures were harmed.