Thursday (Cornelius the Centurion)
by Bishop Daniel
on February 4, 2016
- Customary Thursday weights and treadmill workout.
- Task organizing at home; Morning Prayer while driving to the office (yes, short memorized form).
- Processed a larger-than-usual load of hard copy items waiting for me after not being in the office since last Friday.
- Took a substantive phone call from a colleague member of the Nashotah House Board of Directors.
- Discussed an emerging administrative issue with the Archdeacon.
- Participated with the Administrator in a long (over an hour) conference call/”webinar” with a sales representative from a church software vendor. This is part of our now ramped-up effort to move beyond state-of-the-art 1998 in our database management.
- Lunch from HyVee, eaten at home.
- Refined, edited, and printed a working draft of this Sunday’s homily (Holy Trinity, Danville).
- Executed a document signing off on a investment policies for the Putnam Trust, in my role as co-trustee.
- Responded to a short survey from the Province V Executive Committee about goings-on within the diocese.
- Composed an email to the Primate of Tanzania on behalf of the Communion Partners bishops.
- Took the first step in reconditioning a sermon for Lent I from a prior year for use this year at St John’s, Decatur.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.