Thursday (Beheading of John the Baptist)
- Usual early AM routine, abbreviated by being out the door at 0835 for chiropractic appointment. Back around 0930, finished the crossword in record time, got cleaned up and presentable.
- Grappled passionately with my exegetical notes on the gospel for Proper 21, in preparation for preaching at St Stephen’s, Harrisburg on September 29. I finally coaxed a homiletical message statement out of the process.
- Made air travel arrangements to attend the October Living Church Foundation, which will take place in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Attended to a piece of “national church” business.
- Got further organized toward processing the collected (and un-collected) parish Mission Strategy Reports.
- Turned my attention for the rest of the afternoon (and much of the evening) to a major household project.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.