by Bishop Daniel
on July 13, 2017
- Task planning at home over breakfast.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Took care of a couple of items of personal business via internet and phone.
- Drove out to Decatur to meet Chris Gregory, a candidate for ordination to the diaconate, and Executive Director of Dove, a faith-based multi-church-sponsored social service agency. I got a tour of the their main facility and a lesser one, and to say I was “impressed” with the scope of what they do and the way they do it would be wholly inadequate.
- Headed back to Springfield around 12:15, picking up some lunch from Hardee’s and eating it at home.
- Spent quality time with commentaries on Matthew, getting insights on the gospel reading for Proper 18, in preparation for preaching on September 10 at Trinity, Yazoo City, MS (a parish I look after under DEPO).
- Took care of a couple fairly substantive administrative chores via email.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.