by Bishop Daniel
on April 14, 2016
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon on some of the details of an upcoming ordination.
- Conferred with the administrator on some … well, administrative issues.
- Hunted for some photos to send to the author of the “interview” article that I worked on yesterday. This was a dangerous endeavor, as it was easy to get distracted looking at pictures that were not germane to my mission.
- Developed my homiletical message statement for Easter VII (Harrisburg and West Frankfort) into an outline from which I can create a draft the next time I work on it.
- Lunch from TG, eaten at home.
- Processed a stack of emails.
- Took a prayerful first pass at the readings for Proper 5, in preparation for preaching on them at a weekend trifecta–Robinson, Albion, and Mt Carmel–on the first weekend in June.
- Continued working on a pastoral guide to ministry–lay and ordained. This started out as a policy statement on the diaconate, but in the process of vetting it, it has seemed good to contextualize it but writing about presbyteral, episcopal, and lay ministry as well.
- Prayed the evening office in the cathedral, but about an hour earlier than usual, owing to …
- … an appointment with a layperson–a first interview to discuss discernment for ordination to the priesthood.