by Bishop Daniel
on January 7, 2016
- Customary first-thing-in-the-morning Thursday weights and treadmill workout.
- Morning Prayer at home. Arrived at the office around 10.
- Attended to some ongoing emerging details pertaining to Bishop Parsons’ funeral.
- Thought hard and made some notes in preparation for a gathering of invited clergy and laity at the diocesan office tomorrow to do some “50,000 foot” blue-sky brainstorming about the processes that lead to the formation and adoption of our diocesan annual budget.
- Conferred with (still newish) Treasurer Rod Matthews over a range of concerns.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Finished the meeting prep that I had begun before lunch.
- Did some editing of the draft service booklet for Bishop Parsons’ funeral.
- Participated in a 50-minute Communion Partner Bishops conference call. The gathering of the 38 Anglican primates in Canterbury next week has the potential to shake things up quite considerably, so we had a good bit to discuss.
- Reviewed and tweaked the draft minutes of the most recent round of Nashotah House board activity.
- Drafted and sent email memos to an ad hoc Examining Chaplains group, as well as the President of the Standing Committee, about some people in the ordination process pipeline.
- Attended a handful of small administrative actions.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.