by Bishop Daniel
on November 5, 2015
- Early morning treadmill workout.
- Task planning at home; Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Participated in a routine conference call with the administrator and the investment manager of the Putnam Trust, which benefits two of our parishes, and of which the Bishop of Springfield is by title a co-trustee.
- Prepared to celebrate and preach at the midday Mass. Then discovered that I’m actually on tomorrow, not today. So I then prepared for tomorrow.
- Reviewed the resume of a potential candidate for one of our vacant parishes. Made contact by email with another potential candidate for the same vacancy.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home.
- Processed a few emails.
- Kept a routine dental hygiene appointment.
- Took the rough outline of a homily for this Sunday (St Paul’s, Carlinville) and developed them into a rough draft of a working text. In the midst of that project, I took time out for a substantive phone conversation with the Dean of Nashotah House.
- The hour was late; Evening Prayer fell by the wayside today.