by Bishop Daniel
on May 7, 2015
- Task organization and some email processing at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Conferred with the Provost on a couple of emerging matters.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon on a couple of emerging matters.
- Attended to some administrative (financial) business via email.
- Spoke by phone with one of our rectors on two distinct concerns.
- Focused on the long-delayed task of making transportation arrangements for getting to and from General Convention in Salt Lake City. Having cleared my calendar (see phone call in previous bullet point) on the Sunday following convention, the possibility of driving presented itself. Driving would certainly offer some advantages. But when I ran the numbers, adding in all the ancillary costs, it came out significantly more expensive. So Brenda and I now have airline reservations, but these were not obtained with considerable time spent on United’s website, and then a 58 minute phone conversation trying to wrangle the use of my accumulated frequent flyer miles. They don’t make it easy. It was after 1:30 by the time I was finished.
- In the meantime, while on hold, I booked lodging for a June retreat for authors of the Covenant blog, and dealt with a couple of minor matters by email. I also cruised Facebook a lot.
- Very late lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Got my ducks in a row in terms of task planning for two projects: Wrangling (see, I’ve used a new word twice now) a group of parishes for the fall 2015 “wave” of Renewal Works and getting ready for the St Michael’s Youth Conference next month.
- Took a fine-tooth comb look at some revised policies that will be considered by the Nashotah House board of trustees in a couple of weeks.
- Took a phone call from a colleague bishop.
- Attended to a small bit of Forward Movement business.
- Pursued via email the financial/administrative issue I had touched on in the morning.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.