by Bishop Daniel
on April 30, 2015
- Customary Thursday morning weights and treadmill workout. Some residual technical issues with my car (getting to it play nice with my iPhone) delayed my departure. Morning Prayer fells through the cracks today.
- Met with a couple of lay people from one of our Eucharistic Communities over an emerging administrative and pastoral issue.
- Ran (well, I drove, actually) up to Isringhausen to inquire re my technical issues. As invariably happens, when their tech savant did the very same things I had tried, they worked for him. At least it got done.
- Took a substantial phone call from a lay member of one of our communities bringing me up to speed on an urgent pastoral concern.
- Got to work on fleshing out, editing, and printing a homily for tomorrow night’s ordination of David Wells to the transitional diaconate.
- Lunch from La Bamba, eaten at home.
- Completed the sermon work I had begun before lunch.
- Took a substantial phone call regarding some Nashotah business.
- Attended to some details pertaining to Fr Muriuki’s institution in Cairo in a couple of weeks.
- Responded to a couple of emails that have been in the queue for a while.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Conceived and hatched the broad strokes of a sermon for Fr Muriuki’s institution.
- After dinner, at home, I put this finishing touches on this blog post about my recent trip to Cuba.