by Bishop Daniel
on March 26, 2015
- After several interruptions due to travel or illness, back to the Thursday morning weights and treadmill routine. One does lose some ground when one doesn’t keep up.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Conferred with Bonnie in the cathedral office over the several service programs that need to be produced.
- Continued to work on the bulletin for the Palm Sunday main liturgy, stymied by one technical difficulty after another. Technology is not always my friend.
- Made travel arrangements to attend a Living Church Foundation board meeting in Dallas next month.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Took care of task related to this summer’s St Michael’s Youth Conference.
- Worked on the bulletin for Maundy Thursday. Again, inordinately time-consuming due to it not being a routine task.
- Spent some more quality time with the readings for the Third Sunday of Easter, when it will be my privilege to preach at the Chapel of St John the Divine in Champaign. Have a clear path to a message now.
- Attended to a small administrative chore pertaining to one of our Eucharistic Communities.
- Added the Triduum liturgy rehearsal times to my calendar.
- Spent some time examining options for the pre-ordination formation of deacons-to-be.
- Rummaged through prior years’ Maundy Thursday sermons and selected one that can be refurbished for use next week. Then did the same for Easter. Should I be embarrassed about reusing decent material as long as I don’t do it in the same place twice? I don’t think so.
- Responded to an email from a priest outside the diocese who I suspect might be able to help us with a future clergy conference.
- Reviewed some materials from the Executive Director of Forward Movement, part of my responsibility as a board member.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.