by Bishop Daniel
on March 5, 2015
- Back to my customary Thursday morning weight and treadmill workout.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Once in a while, something takes way too long. Today was one of those days, and the culprit was the task of rounding up and sending on to the cathedral music director some items for Holy Week that I had promised her. Some electronic files that I thought I had, I apparently no longer have. Took my whole morning.
- Lunch from ChiTown’s Finest (Italian beef), eaten at home.
- Took a first prayerful pass at the readings for the Third Sunday of Easter, in preparation for preaching at the Chapel of St John the Divine in Champaign.
- Took care of an important piece of business pertaining to this summer’s first scheduled St Michael’s Youth Conference in the diocese.
- Read some materials in preparation for one component of next week’s House of Bishops meeting.
- Fleshed out, refined, and printed my working notes for next week’s Lenten teaching series session at St Michael’s, O’Fallon.
- Met with Claire Ribelin from the cathedral to discuss needs for liturgical ministers during Holy Week.
- Read and responded to two Lenten Ember Day letters from individuals in the ordination process.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.