by Bishop Daniel
on September 7, 2012
- Packed for an overnight and read Morning Prayer at home.
- Conferred with the Archdeacon on a pastoral situation.
- Conferred with Fr Scanlon in his role as Rural Dean for the Northeastern Deanery.
- Met for 15 minutes with the Standing Committee just to touch base on three separate emerging concerns.
- Got in the YFNBmobile and pointed it north toward Nashotah House, five hours away in southeastern Wisconsin. While en route, had a long and substantive phone conversation with a priest in another diocese who was wanting some pastoral guidance, and then with two potential candidates for the newly re-opened vacancy at St John’s Chapel in Champaign.
- Met for about 90 minutes with the Dean of Nashotah House, in my role as Chairman of the Board.
- Attending Evening Prayer in St Mary’s Chapel.
- Visited with some students and staff for just a bit before heading to downtown Milwaukee and All Saints’ Cathedral for Bishop Roger White’s funeral. It was SRO, as you might imagine.
- Late dinner at a delightful French restaurant in an up-and-coming “hip” section of downtown Milwaukee with Christopher Wells, Executive Director and Editor of the Living Church.