… aaaaaand we’re back.
Very enjoyable three days and four nights in the Orlando, Florida area with Brenda and some members of my extended family (including some Brazilians). It was warm there. It’s cold here. Back to reality.
- Customary Thursday AM weights and treadmill workout.
- Task planning and Morning Prayer at home.
- Culled hard copy items that arrived in my absence. Signed forms transferring clergy to/from canonical residence in the diocese–one inbound, one outbound.
- Spoke by phone at some length with a priest of the diocese over an emerging pastoral/missional issue.
- Spoke by phone with the Secretary of the Nashotah House trustees over an administrative and human relations issue.
- Spoke by phone with another priest of the diocese over an administrative and human relations issue.
- Made the necessary preparations to preside and preach at the midday cathedral Eucharist.
- Spoke by phone with a lay leader in one of our parishes over an issue of continuing concern.
- Spoke by phone with yet another priest over yet another issue of continuing concern.
- Presided and preached at the Mass. Wonderful confluence with Mark’s version of the feeding miracle and a passage from I John 4 on God’s love for us and our love for one another and how it’s all made manifest … in the Eucharist, I would suggest.
- Lunch from Taco Gringo, eaten at home.
- Fleshed out, refined, and printed a working text for this Sunday’s homily–once again at St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Responded substantively to an email from a search committee chair from one of our parishes.
- Responded somewhat less substantively to two somewhat less substantive emails.
- In the midst of everything else throughout the day, had conversations with the Administrator and the Archdeacon over various concerns that arose.
- Evening Prayer in the (cold) cathedral.