Thursday (Absalom Jones)
by Bishop Daniel
on February 13, 2014
- Early morning weight and treadmill workout–a Thursday routine.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Responded to two emails: one on Living Church business, the other from a national church staffer who has been assigned as a liaison to the diocese and wants to come for a visit.
- Investigated options and made hotel reservations for a meeting of Class of 2011 bishops in Albuquerque in Easter Week. (No, not Holy Week. Easter Week.)
- Forwarded an email from the Dean of Nashotah House to the other members of the Board of Trustees, in my capacity as Chairman.
- Spent some time with the latest proposal from the Standing Commission on Liturgy and Music regarding revisions to our calendar of saints. Left some feedback on their blog, per their request. You can see it here.
- Lunch from KFC, eaten at home.
- Spent the rest of the afternoon organizing and planning worship for the clergy retreat the week after next. This involved readings, prayers, and music for two instances each of Morning Prayer and Evensong, and two celebrations of the Eucharist. Ready now to produce service sheets next week.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.