- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Attended to a handful of items of pastoral and administrative detritus.
- Consulted commentaries and otherwise exegeted the gospel for Proper 7–the restoration of the Gerasene demoniac in Luke–in preparation for preaching at Redeemer, Cairo on June 23.
- Lunch (on the late side) from a “Chicago-style” place on West Jefferson (Italian roast beef), eaten at home.
- Back to the office for an appointment with Deacon Anne Flynn of the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania. She and her husband are now living in Charleston and attending Trinity, Mattoon, where they have already injected another layer of vitality into that community. We will be licensing Deacon Anne to function in this diocese.
- Wrestled a message statement out of the readings for St Barnabas’ Day, in preparation for celebrating their feast of title with the people of St Barnabas’, Havana on June 16.
- Scanned and otherwise processed an intimidating stack of hard-copy items that accumulated during my time away from the office.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.