- Did a deep exegetical dive into the readings for II Advent (preaching at St Christopher’s, Rantoul). I was particularly gratified by the chance to get into the famous “Comfort ye … ” passage from Isaiah 40.
- I promised the new editor of The Anglican Digest some time ago to supply some potential content, using “vintage” materials. So I spent a good chunk of time digging around my own electronic archives, curated some material, and sent it along.
- Issued a license to a retired priest who is canonically resident elsewhere but physically resident within the bounds of the diocese.
- Attended to various lesser matters–several email exchanges with the Canon-to-the-Ordinary and the Communications Coordinator, and other sundry items.
- Still frequently diverted from “duties” by the post-election madness.