by Bishop Daniel
on May 7, 2020
- Usual early-AM weekday routine.
- Quickly processed some late-arriving emails. Scanned news sources for useful information in making reopening decisions. Downloaded the latest CDC guidelines.
- Got to work creating a rough draft sermon text from my developed outline for Easter VI (not at St Andrew’s, Edwardsville). This task consumed the remainder of the morning.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Moved the ball down the field a few yards with my seminarian financial aid planning project.
- Reviewed and commented on a draft Conflict of Interest policy for the Living Church Foundation.
- Performed my every-other-day brief Bowflex workout.
- Hosted the third-day-in-a-row meeting of diocesan clergy, this time from the Northern and Northeastern deaneries. On the whole, I am amazed at the hard and dedicated work our fine priests and deacons of the diocese are doing under very bizarre invent-the-wheel conditions.
- Took an aggressive 7 5-minute walk on a sunny but too-brisk May afternoon. I long for the arrival of summer.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.