Thursday (12th Day of Christmas)
by Bishop Daniel
on January 5, 2017
- Accompanied Brenda to an 8am doctor’s appointment.
- Got back home around 9:30 and did my customary Thursday exercise routine: four sets of weight-lifting and about 90 minutes on the treadmill. (OK, this was double my usual treadmill time, but I’m feeling a need to raise the status of exercise among my priorities.)
- Wrestled with about 30 emails that had accumulated during the morning.
- Brenda brought me a sandwich from Chick-Fil-A for lunch, which I enjoyed in my recliner.
- At the office for the afternoon: more emails at first, then …
- Consulted with the Archdeacon and the Administrator over various items of administrivia.
- The solid PM accomplishment was a long and careful look at the diocesan canons to see if there is a path toward making the mechanics of electing General Convention Deputies and Alternates at Synod every third year less cumbersome than it’s been. Crafted a proposal and hit it over into the Chancellor’s court for his comments.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.