- Usual weekday early AM routine.
- Did some online prep for a scheduled teleconference later in the morning.
- Responded by email to a handful of emerging pastoral/administrative issues.
- Began a substantial project of preparing some handout material for next week’s clergy retreat.
- Kept an 1130 teleconference appointment with a member of the Presiding Bishop’s staff who is trying to gather and collate resources around “best practices” for congregational redevelopment. I had a few stories to tell about developments in the Diocese of Springfield. He seemed particularly interested in our Mission Strategy Report canon.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Since I had a doctor’s appointment that was two miles away, and it was a fairly mild afternoon, I decided to leverage the situation and get some steps in. So I walked, both directions. It was not particularly onerous, except I should have left about ten more minutes on the front end, as I had to maintain a mach schnell pace the entire two miles. Took it a bit easier on the return trip.
- Got back to my clergy retreat project.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda.