by Bishop Daniel
on November 8, 2018
- Task planning over breakfast. Morning Prayer in my chair.
- Made an email inquiry of the Administrator concerning clergy conference registration.
- Sent sermons for two Sundays to a lay Worship Leader who will be officiating at Morning Prayer in one of our Eucharistic Communities where the priest will be a gone a bit this month,
- Traded emails with a colleague bishop and one of our clergy over an emerging pastoral matter. Set up a phone call for later.
- Did a deep dive into the not-yet-resolved new database app issue. Formulated some questions for Paige, who is running point on this.
- Reviewed a collection of stills and videos from synod, and marked certain ones as appropriate for inclusion in an in-process video collage.
- Lunched on leftovers.
- Had a long and substantive phone conversation with the above-referenced colleague bishop.
- Took a vigorous hour-and-a-quarter walk. (It has been impressed on my repeatedly that, if there is a silver bullet for maintaining health into old age, it is exercise. I try to make it a “big rock.”
- Wrote for-the-file summaries of recent annual review conversations with two staff members.
- Scanned, tagged, and categories hard-copy items in my physical inbox.
- Evening Prayer with Brenda in our home chapel.