The Presentation of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Temple
by Bishop Daniel
on February 2, 2019
- Morning Prayer in the cathedra, breakfast a Charlie Parker’s, a bit of shopping at Target (didn’t find what I was looking for, but bought something else), went by the old homestead (still vacant) to make sure thermostats were correctly set (they weren’t, which has been costing me money).
- Refined, printed, and scheduled for posting my homily for tomorrow (Christ the King, Normal).
- Responded by email to an administrative query from one of our parish clergy.
- Wrote a note of condolence to a colleague bishop who’s had a death in the family.
- Registered online for the July 2020 Lambeth Conference. It was a rather involved process, and involved me taking a selfie.
- Via email, dealt with a string of pastoral and administrative issues, each of them small in its own right, but none of them unimportant.
- Stepped out for a late lunch from Chick-Fil-A, and a dash into Macy’s, to once again not find what I was looking for.
- Took a long and vigorous walk on a rather lovely (for early February) afternoon: east on Lawrence to Ninth, north to Carpenter, west fo Walnut, south back to Lawrence, and east to home base.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Responded to a Doodle poll about a meeting of Province V bishops in June.
- Two more emails responding to pastoral/administrative issues.
- Refined the draft text of my next “Seven Marks” catechetical video.
- Reviewed my February visitation calendar and created some appropriate calendar reminders.
- Drove the few blocks down to Bernie & Betty’s for a late supper.