St Thomas (O Oriens)
by Bishop Daniel
on December 21, 2017
- 90 minutes on the treadmill. MP while cooling down.
- Task planning and some email processing over breakfast.
- In the office around 10:15. Conferred briefly with the Dean.
- Conferred briefly with the Communicator on an ongoing project.
- Wrote and sent an email to a priest whose ordination anniversary this is.
- Worked on my homily for Epiphany I (January 7 at Trinity, Lincoln). Brought it from the “message statement” phase to the “developed outline” phase.
- Hand-wrote a note of condolence to a colleague bishop who has suffered the death of a close family member.
- Prepared the contents of a ceremonial binder with parts of the Christmas Eve liturgy that are proper to the Bishop–large print for aging eyes being the guiding rubric here.
- Attended the Mass for the feast day of St Thomas, which is the 28th anniversary of my own first Mass.
- Lunch at home. Leftovers.
- Cooperating with the Dean in a videography project in support of the cathedral’s social media footprint. It involved donning an alb, stole, cope, and mitre; holding a crozier, and swinging a thurible. I’m eager to see the results.
- Attended to an ongoing bit of pastoral/administrative business. It was a time-consuming slog, but important.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.