by Bishop Daniel
on February 24, 2017
- Kept an 8:30 appointment with a photographer at the diocesan office. It seems time to consider a new round of official portraits.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Emailed the senior warden of one of our Eucharistic Communities with a list of date on which I am available to meet with their Mission Leadership Team,
- Talked with the Archdeacon on a broad range of substantive issues.
- Tightened, tweaked, and printed a working script of my homily for this Sunday at St John’s, Decatur.
- Performed surgery on the text of an Ash Wednesday homily from several years ago in preparation for using it next week at the cathedral.
- Attended the Mass for St Matthias’ Day in the cathedral chapel.
- Lunch from McD’s, eaten at home.
- Made airline and hotel arrangements for attending the Bishops Class of 2011 annual continuing education time the third week in April.
- Hand wrote greetings to clergy and spouses with nodal events (birthdays, wedding anniversaries, ordination anniversaries) in March.
- Attended to a routine monthly personal organization chore.
- Friday prayer: Found YouTube performances of hymns that celebrate Our Lord’s Transfiguration, which is observed liturgically this Sunday.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.