St Matthew, Apostle & Evangelist
by Bishop Daniel
on September 21, 2012
- Email processing at home. Up and out at the usual hour.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Called and spoke briefly with Mother Virginia Bennett, rector of St Andrew’s, Edwardsville. She fell and broke her leg two days ago, and is still in a St Louis hospital.
- Wrote a check from my discretionary fund for a member of the cathedral congregation who is participating in the anti-hunger Church World Service-sponsored CROP Walk.
- Tried once again unsuccessfully to resolve my sole remaining technical difficulty from my changeover to the world of Macintosh, which is that I can’t get my new laptop to connect wirelessly to the printer in Sue’s office (i.e. the only one available to me). But I’m nothing if not tenacious, and will solve this.
- Took a call–finally–from Church Publishing regarding yesterday’s technical issue. The answer was hidden in a very non-intuitive place. Bad site design.
- Worked on my working outline for tomorrow’s marathon seminar (Part 2 of 2) at St Thomas;, Salem. Stay tuned for video.
- Lunch at home.
- Continued work on tomorrow’s seminar. I believe it’s ready for prime time.
- Put some major meat on the bones of the homily I will give at Bruce DeGooyer’s ordination to the priesthood on October 4 (yes, on St Francis’ Day, and, yes, the sermon does mention animals).
- Made some air travel arrangements for one upcoming trip and lodging arrangements for another. October and November will both be busy travel months.
- Friday prayer time: Ignatian-style discursive meditation on the daily office gospel for the feast of St Matthew.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.