St John, Apostle & Evangelist
by Bishop Daniel
on December 27, 2012
- Customary Thursday morning weight and treadmill workout. In to the office around 9.
- Morning Prayer in the catedral.
- Re-engaged the learning curve on our data projector, and introduced it to my new MacBook, in preparation for my 11am meeting. This was not without a bump or two, but was ultimately successful.
- Polished an printed a working script for my sermon this coming Sunday at Emmanuel, Champaign.
- Met for over two hours (including over lunch) with representatives of both the Spiritual Vitality Team and the Strategy Resource Team as we try to keep the fire not only lit but turned up high under our evolving Mission Strategy for the diocese. It was a very good meeting. Stuff is happening.
- Grabbed an extra 2000 steps on my pedometer by walking down Second Street to South Grand Avenue and back, in about 15 minutes. Bracing.
- Met for some 90 minutes with a non-parochial priest of the diocese discussing potential scenarios for deployment.
- Put some substantial meat on the bones of a sermon for the First Sunday after the Epiphany, which will be delivered at an exotic location–the Church of Holy Communion in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Evening Prayer in the cathedral.
- Got home and was informed by Brenda that dinner would consist of popcorn and it would be served by the AMC Cinema and eaten while we watch the new Bond movie. I didn’t argue.