Ss Peter & Paul
by Bishop Daniel
on June 29, 2019
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Walked the 2.2 miles down to Charlie Parker’s for breakfast, then walked back to the office. By the time I got back and did my delayed morning ablutions, it was the better part of 11am.
- Exercised my monthly privilege of writing personal greetings to clergy and spouses with birthdays and anniversaries during the coming calendar month (so, July in this case). Did this via a combination of handwriting and scheduled email.
- Stepped out, around 1pm, for lunch at Chick-Fil-A and some personal shopping at Meijer and Food Fantasies.
- Routine periodic personal maintenance: Cleaning up my computer desktop (the digital equivalent of filing accumulated items on a physical desktop).
- Read another in the catechetical pamphlet series from the Living Church Foundation.
- Processed my physical inbox and other items on my physical desktop, mostly by scanning and tossing.
- Got packed up and ready to go. Read Evening Prayer in the office, then hit the road southbound at 5:55.
- Arrived at the Doubletree in Mt Vernon around 8:10. Checked into my room, then had dinner at their in-house restaurant.