Shrove Tuesday (Absalom Jones)
by Bishop Daniel
on February 13, 2018
- Weekly and daily task organization at home.
- Morning Prayer in the cathedral.
- Worked with Paige for a bit ironing out a couple of details in our latest video project.
- Bothered Sue about some details of my health insurance coverage.
- Dashed off an email over an administrative issue.
- Revised, edited, formatted, printed, and scheduled for posting my Ash Wednesday homily (St Michael’s, O’Fallon).
- Stepped out at 11:30 to take my wife and myself to back-to-back dentist appointments. (Fortunately, we see the same dentist.)
- Lunch from Chick-Fil-A, eaten at home,
- Back at the office, did the same thing for my Lent 1 sermon (Holy Trinity, Danville) as I had done in the morning for Ash Wednesday.
- Ducked out early to fetch Brenda and head over to the Hyundai dealer to pick up her car, but it was done yet and they forgot to call. Hmm. Patience and forgiveness.
- So … stopped by HyVee for a couple of things and started on cooking a proper Mardi Gras dinner–fried catfish topped with shrimp etouffeé. Now bring on Lent.